You can perform a wide variety of exercises in different positions: standing, sitting, kneeling or lying down. The Pilates Reformer has a sliding platform attached with springs at one end and it can be moved by pulling on ropes or pushing off from a stationary foot bar. The springs are used for resistance instead of weights. These springs provide variable or measured resistance — from light to heavy — to the muscles while exercising. The springs offer more resistance at the strongest point of muscle contraction and less resistance at the starting and finishing point. This type of resistance reduces stress on the tendons and ligaments in the body.
There are numerous benefits of performing various exercises on this important tool. It not only facilitates workouts without unwanted stress on the joints, it also allows you to do certain specific exercises in case you have a minor injury. The exercises on Pilates Reformer can be done by sports persons to augment their performance in different sporting activities. You can get the required relief from fatigue and stress after long traveling. It can also be done by women in their initial stage of pregnancy under the guidance of an expert. All exercise performed on a Pilates Reformer help to correct muscular-skeletal imbalances. In essence, it can make you feel rejuvenated.
It will help you to gain:
- slender and longer muscles
- strong shoulders
- strong chest
- better biceps and triceps
- leaner calves
- slimmer hips
- slimmer thighs
- tighter buttocks
- firm abdominal muscle
- refined breathing patterns
- increased flexibility
- correct postures
- better mind-body coordination
- Pilates Reformer exercises can be done by anyone irrespective of age and sex. If you have normal health, these exercises perk up your trunk, pelvis and shoulder girdle. It improves breathing patterns, corrects spinal and pelvic alignment. It streamlines the control over movements of the body.
- It develops an athlete’s core or deep abdominal muscles along with those muscles that are closest to the spine. It makes the athletes more agile and boosts their performance. It also helps prevent injury through proper mind-body coordination.
- For those suffering from Diabetes type I or type II, regular exercise on Pilates Reformer can help to control their blood sugar level.
- For those suffering from bone problems or osteoporosis, appropriate exercises on Pilates Reformer can help to improve their balance and overall functioning of the body.
- For those having heart problems, suitable Pilates Reformer exercises can be done under the guidance of experts. It can streamline the blood supply and improve the overall functioning of the body.
- For pregnant women, suitable Pilates Reformer exercises can be done under the guidance of experts. It can improve blood circulation, muscular relaxation and boost energy level.
- For those having back, hip or knee problem, Pilates Reformer with a special stand can be more useful.
Thus, the Pilates Reformer is a vital equipment to revitalize your body. It’s a sure way to keep you fit and healthy.
To learn more about the Pilates Reformers used at the Center of Medical Arts visit: http://pilatesreformer.com/